Cheapest Universities In Poland

One of the few countries in Europe with a long and rich history of fighters, resistance movements, and real-life phoenixes rising from their own ashes to become more strong in Poland.

Poland has acquired its reputation as one of the top destinations for international students, which comes as no surprise at all. This is made possible by their low cost of living, unique culture, and plenty of top-notch universities that are also reasonably priced.

Poland has several affordable universities, including the Medical University of Lodz, the University of Gdansk, the Poznan University of Economics and Business, and many more.

You may learn more about how to study in Poland on a budget as an international student in this post.

Where can I apply for a master’s degree in Poland?

Poland has worked hard to raise the caliber of its educational system during the past ten years. This has drawn numerous overseas students with aspirations of expanding their horizons in education. Your preferences and financial constraints will determine which of Poland’s many universities, including the Jagiellonian University of Cracow, you should apply to.

They provide all students with access to a wide range of academic options, including social sciences, finance, and technical and medical specialties. Simply choose an institution that fits you and your subject of study.

In Poland, is English a language of study?

Polish universities typically charge between 2500 and 3000 EUR per year for tuition. However, the average cost of learning English is rather high and is over 3500 EUR per year.

When you apply for a program in Poland, you can decide whether to study in Polish or English.

Future students can enroll in the nine-month Zerowka non-degree program. A few of the lessons in this preparatory course focus on Polish. After completing the course, you are given a certificate of participation that can be used to verify your level of Polish ability.

What qualifications are needed to study in Poland?

Since Poland is a recognized official member of the European Union (EU/EEA), you must first get a visa as a non-EU/EEA student (EU/EEA students are exempt from this requirement).

Any student who wants to continue their education at a Polish institution must fulfill a set of minimal prerequisites. They consist of;

  • Visa (This paperwork is handled by embassies and consulates)
  • The Bachelor’s degree
  • Matriculation certificate or any other equivalent document
  • Pass the test for English proficiency.

The most common forms of paperwork required for enrollment in Polish universities include;

  • Admission fee payment proof
  • University-issued undergraduate diploma or a valid substitute
  • Personal and academic reference (One of each)
  • Pre-filled application form
  • Passport-size photographs (confirm the amount from the University)
  • Copy of ID
  • English language proficiency test proof

Before you can begin developing plans to advance, you must have these fundamental conditions in place. This does not, however, establish a standard because, depending on your school’s preferences, you can be asked to bring more documentation.

How many years do I stay at a Polish university?

Universities in Poland adhere to the Bologna method. The length of your studies, however, is solely determined by the university and the program you applied for. The length of some types of study in Poland is listed below;

  • 3–4 semesters (1.5–2 years) for a master’s degree
  • 7-8 semesters (3.5 years) for a bachelor of science
  • Bachelor of Arts: 3 years and 6 semesters
  • One to two semesters of postgraduate study (1 to 1.5 years)
  • Lengthy cycle Master’s degree (for specializations in law, psychology, and medicine) 5–6 years, 10–12 semesters

Since this is really a suggestion, you should confirm the length of your stay in Poland on the website of your school.

Can I use my student visa to work in Poland?

The adage “Time is money” is often used. Anyone who is legally employed in Poland must adhere to a set workday under Polish legislation. What truly happens when you have to work the required number of hours each day or week?

International students can now easily use their temporary residence visa to find employment thanks to new Polish legislation. During your leisure time, you are allowed to work both full- and part-time jobs for a total of twenty hours per week. Because you will need a strong grade to renew your student visa, it is advisable that you devote more time to your studies and select part-time employment.

How will I be able to stay in Poland after I graduate? 

EU and EEA nationals, you must update your stay authorization. After graduating from a Polish university, foreign students should apply for a visa that would allow them to live and work there.

Additionally, foreign students with a regular source of income who intend to live permanently in Poland must wait at least four years before submitting an application for a residence visa.

When you receive a permanent residency card, it is intended to serve you for ten years; after that time, you must obtain a new card. You can live and work in Poland with this permission without having to submit an additional work permit application. However, replace the card after ten years, and do not forget to use it once it has expired.

What should I do after receiving the letter of acceptance to the university?

Finally! Congratulations are in order after the restless nights. You must still get ready for your trip to Poland, though.

To be eligible for free health insurance as an EU or EEA student, you must apply for the European health insurance card (EHIC).

Health insurance must be obtained from their nation or as soon as possible for non-EU/EEA students. If you have to pay for your medical treatments out of pocket because your health insurance does not cover them, your cost will be high.

There is no need to be concerned about a visa if you are a student in the EU or EEA. Regardless of where you are from, you would need to apply for a temporary residence visa if you planned to stay for longer than three months.

Last but not least, make sure you’ve called the university’s international relations office (IRO) before leaving for Poland to receive further information on the fundamentals like your driver’s license, insurance, medical care, and arriving in Poland.

Leave a Comment